How to Enhance User Experience in App for Taxi Service
- Blogs, Startup, Technology
- August 15, 2019
It has been over a decade since the ride-hailing companies started to emerge. The types of businesses and approaches of various companies differed resulting in rise of multiple business models. However, each of these businesses including Uber, Lyft, Via, and Juno have one common factor – the entire business stands on rideshare software systems with mobile app-based interfaces. The swift developments in rideshare systems introduced certain business models. However, there is no standard nomenclature which can classify the models into distinct kinds. CabStartup makes this classification so that we can precisely explain the aim of every feature of our rideshare software to clients. Following are the three most generic models. Every ride-hailing business on planet falls into one of these three kinds.
On-demand RidesUber introduced first ever globally recognized rideshare services in 2009. The initial services model offered on-demand taxi only. The notable distinctions of this model from traditional taxi businesses include:
- Booking a taxi through mobile app
- Privately-owned vehicles
- Ensuring pickup at passenger’s doorstep
Carpool AppUber remained an undisputed ride-hailing giant for three years. It was impractical for a new startup to outperform Uber with the same business model and marketing. Thus, the model of Via was based on carpooling. In essence, it allowed passengers to book a seat in a ride instead of booking the entire vehicle. This idea worked for the following reasons:
- The average fare is lower as it is divided among each passenger in a ride.
- The average car occupancy in the US and UK is 1.67 and 1.59 persons, respectively. Carpooling earns support of administrations due to its ability to significantly reduce traffic.
- All of the on-demand taxi features except pickup from passenger’s doorstep.
- Routes are not fixed. Instead, they are dynamic depending on the pickup points and final destination.
Rideshare Software for Rental RidesConsidering the success of on-demand economy, some of the existing rental companies as well as startups launched on-demand car rental services. These services differed from carpooling and taxi services in a number of ways:
- Vehicles in on-demand car rental model are used for short spans. A customer can acquire it for as low as 30 minutes.
- The driver is unavailable. Requesting party is responsible to drive the vehicle. However, some services offer driver upon request.
- Customers are able to unlock the vehicle using personal machine readable cards.
- Geo-fence or operational area is excessively large as compared to carpool or taxi services. Thus, customers can take the vehicle outside the city too.
Ridesharing Management SoftwareWith rideshare businesses operating at such a broad scale, it is essential for service providers to have a flexible underlying rideshare platform. The providers would require scale up and integration of more features in future. For instance, if your company currently offers on-demand taxi, you would soon need to expand it to offer carpooling and rental rides too. This is because governments are aiming to adopt mobility-as-a-service model which implies integration of various business models into large-scale transportation networks. CabStartup is at the forefront of rideshare innovations occurred in the past five years. We developed successful startups as well as assisted existing taxi and transportation companies to achieve sustainability. We would love to have you as one of our partners so that we can innovate together. Start the free trial of CabStartup rideshare software right now.
The Future of Super Apps Mobile app November 3, 2023 Super apps are a hot trend in the tech world. Many companies are making their own super apps. These super apps help companies offer more things to people and get more users. People like super apps because they do a…
Why Investors Are Looking to Invest into Super App? Mobile appNovember 3, 2023 A super app is like a big app that has lots of different services and things you can do, all in one place. In China, they really like super apps, and some famous ones are Alipay, Alibaba,…
Introduction to Super Apps Uncategorized November 3, 2023 A super app is like a special mobile app or computer program that does many things in one place. It has some main things it can do, and also little apps inside it that you can use. Imagine a super app on…
The more you grow, the less you pay For bulk pricing
& country specific plans
Want to Know more?