Why Investors Are Looking to Invest into Super App?
- Mobile app
- November 3, 2023
Features of Super Apps
• Transportation (ride-hailing, food delivery, ride-sharing)
• Media (music, entertainment, video)
• Lifestyle (rental services, job searching)
• Retail (e-commerce, hotel bookings, e-pharmacies, ticket bookings)
• Financial services (insurance, loan services, mobile payments)
What to look for before investing into super apps?
Advantages of Investing into Super Apps
• Revenue Diversification When businesses offer many different things in one place, they make more money, which they can use to create even more stuff. This helps them not rely on just one way to make money, giving them the freedom to grow other parts of their business over time.
• Data Sharing People who use super apps for a long time give the app makers a chance to watch how they use it. The app makers can see what people like and how they use the app, and then make it even better for them.
• Attracting a Wider Customer Base Super apps can get lots of different people to use them because they do many things, and this can also attract more people who want to invest in them.
Challenges of Super Apps
There’s a lot of competition in the main areas of super apps, like money stuff and social things. Newcomers in this field have to go up against companies that have been doing this for a really long time. These big players have lots of loyal users, and their products are super easy to use because they’ve been improved for years.
Creating big digital systems is tough nowadays because there are a lot of rules to follow. Financial stuff has strict rules, and there are also laws about keeping people’s information safe and making sure companies don’t get too big and powerful. Super apps do lots of different things in different industries, so the company that makes them has to meet all the rules for each of those things, and even more.
• User Experience
People today have higher expectations for their digital experiences than when the famous super apps were first made. They are used to using interfaces from companies like Apple and Google every day, and they’ll judge any other experience based on what they already like.
• Building Customer Base
To make money with these models, you need a lot of people using your app. If you only charge a small fee for each thing people do, you’d need a huge number of users doing it every day to make a lot of money. The big super apps already have millions or even billions of people using them every day. So, you need to think about whether you can get that many users and if you have enough money to keep your business going until you do.
Popular Super Apps in the World
It’s a phone app that lets you pay for things, check your money stuff, borrow money, order food, buy tickets, and get rides.
It does a lot of things, like helping you pay online, bringing food and groceries to your home, and even getting people to clean your house or do your laundry.
It does lots of stuff in 12 countries, like renting cars, getting you a taxi or a bike, bringing you food, letting you shop, and helping you pay for things.
This is a super app that’s growing really fast in Latin America. It brings you all kinds of stuff like food, medicine, and clothes. It also has banking stuff and lets you book things like concerts, trips, and hotels.
It started as a service to get taxis when you needed them and then grew to offer lots of other things like bringing stuff to you, getting food, shopping for groceries, booking hotels, rides, chatting, buying tickets, watching movies when you want, and paying for stuff online.